- Position: WordPress Web Developer – Remote Due to COVID-19
- Application Close: 30th July 2020
- Commences: 1st August 2020
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Contract Hours: Full time
- Pay: Depending on experience
- Location: Bristol. Remote in the short term due to COVID-19
You will be part of a small team of developers in a growing brand marketing agency working on building bespoke WordPress themes, producing clean and quality code. The themes built often require added functionality on top of core, so sourcing quality plugins, integrating and styling into themes is something that will be required.
Work is undertaken in a fast-paced agency setting on frequent projects of varying natures that are required to be completed to meet deadlines.
- Build WordPress themes according to Sketch/Adobe XD designs to a high standard of detail.
- Communication with clients regarding ongoing projects and handling requests for updates/changes to builds.
- Any development work that may come in such as building additional features into our client websites.
- Fixing bugs as they may arise on websites.
- Undertake routine maintenance on client websites.
- Any other Digital department work such as creating and setting up email campaigns if the need arises.
- Experience developing WordPress websites demonstrated by portfolio.
- Excellent HTML and CSS skills.
- Good command of PHP and knowledge of using it in a WordPress setting.
- Basic JS and jQuery knowledge.
- Experience using Git version control.
- Experience using the Adobe creative suite. Particularly Photoshop and Illustrator.
- A good eye for detail.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Good under pressure.
- Willingness to learn.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Sketch/Adobe XD software.
- An eye for UX/UI design.
- Experience with CSS frameworks.
- Copy writing skills.
- Any back end experience.
- Bash/Command line knowledge.
Note for Recruiters
We are not currently accepting candidates for this position from recruiters so emails/communications won’t receive a response. Thank you.